The Nursing degree course takes 3½ years, and is offered in Odense, Svendborg and Vejle. New courses start in September and February. Please note that teaching is mainly in Danish.
As a nurse, you will be in contact with children and old people, healthy people and sick people, patients and relatives.
It is therefore vital that you are able to put people at ease, and come across as trustworthy and reliable when trying to establish good relationships with patients and the general public.
This is what the Nursing degree course prepares you to handle.
You will be trained to work within the full range of health promotion and prevention, treatment, care and rehabilitation.
Goals of The Nursing Degree Course
The course provides you with the knowledge, skills and competences to be able to:
- perform, communicate and manage nursing tasks;
- promote and maintain health;
- prevent and treat illnesses and other disorders;
- support rehabilitation and alleviate suffering when healing is not possible;
- assess, justify and improve your own nursing practice;
- cooperate with people who are like you or different from yourself;
- improve your nursing practice by applying research or taking part in R&D projects;
- continue studying at a higher level when you have passed your bachelor’s degree.
Contact UCL if You Have Any Queries
If you have any questions about the opportunities open to you as an international student, please contact the department’s international coordinators.