Health Care and Welfare in an International and Multidisciplinary Perspective
International health care students doing clinical placements may participate in this course, where they learn how the Danish society and health care system works.
University College Lillebaelt offers this course from February to June and from September to December every year.
The course is offered to international students enrolled at the departments of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, radiography and nursing in Odense, Svendborg and Vejle as well as the biomedical laboratory science programme. The course is a supplement to the clinical studies.
The idea behind the course
The Danish healthcare system uses multidisciplinary methods to solve issues with the patient in the centre. There is focus on health promotion, disease prevention, treatment and rehabilitation. This course offered to international students provides insight into the Danish way of working with both mono- and multi-disciplinary efforts with a holistic understanding of the patient’s situation.
To offer international students a Danish approach to healthcare and welfare in a mono – and multi-disciplinary perspective.
- To acquire knowledge of the different health professions in the Danish welfare system
- To acquire knowledge of how health professionals collaborate in the multidisciplinary practicing of health
- To acquire insight into intercultural differences.
Students will be introduced to different health professions and multidisciplinary themes to
- acquire knowledge of different health professions
- reflect upon different cultural backgrounds and perspectives in relation to own profession
- describe, analyze and reflect on clinical experiences in relation to multidisciplinary knowledge, competences and skills
- gain insight into how the patient perspective is considered in the multidisciplinary collaboration
- make comparisons between the healthcare system in the students’ own countries and the Danish healthcare and welfare systems
- communicate and argue in a multidisciplinary, intercultural setting
- acquire intercultural awareness.
Watch our video about the course
To gain a better idea of the course, please watch our short course introduction video which includes interviews with students and footage from the campus and classes.